"Play Me a Tune Music Garden"
Mural Design Contest
Leave your mark on Genesee County with the “Play Me a Tune Music Garden” mural design contest, made possible by a grant from Kaboom’s Play Everywhere Initiative, funded by the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation.
GO ART! is searching for artwork that celebrates music, play and cultural diversity to be added to their Main Street driveway and the sidewalk in front of their Bank Street driveway. All artwork will be subjected to the approval of the selection committee. The winner(s) selected will receive a cash prize between $25 and $200. Deadline for submissions is Friday, August 16th.
Participants may submit designs that will be screened by a committee of students, staff, and local artists. The winning design(s) will be used to create a mural on GO ART!'s Main Street driveway (16' 4" x 9' 6") and the sidewalk in front of their Bank Street driveway (16' 9" x 4'). GO ART! is located at 201 East Main Street, Batavia, New York. The winner(s) will receive a cash prize between $25 and $200.
Only residents of Genesee and Orleans Counties, and/or members of GO ART! may submit mural designs for the contest.
- All designs submitted will become the property of GO ART! and will not be returned.
- Designs, limit of four, must be received by Friday, August 16th to GO ART!, located at 201 East Main Street, Batavia, New York or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winner(s) will be announced by Friday, August 30th.
- GO ART! communications and public recognition will include winner’s/winners’ name(s) and possible photo.
- The selection committee reserves the right to edit the final design(s) for the mural.
- A cash award will be presented to the winner(s).
MURAL DESIGN REQUIREMENTS:
- A Registration Form must be completed for each design and submitted with it.
- A design description, no more than 200 words, must accompany design to explain artwork.
- Designs must be two-dimensional. File size no larger than 10MBs.
- Designs may be in any drawing or paint medium (Ex. pencil, pastel, ink, marker, watercolor, acrylic, oil, computer generated) in black and white or color, on paper, board, or canvas.
- If dropping off a physical piece, please place designer’s name on back of art.
- Designs should visually pull you into GO ART!'s Play Me a Tune Music Garden being placed between GO ART! and the YMCA.
- Designs are required to represent music and play.
- Designs are encouraged to represent cultural diversity and a historical perspective of GO ART!'s 1831 Federal Style Building.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Each design must be the original artwork of the person named on the Registration Form. Copyrighted or commercial images cannot be depicted.
- By submitting my artwork, I consent to the use of said artwork by GO ART!.
- I understand that my artwork could be used in part or whole for GO ART!'s Play Me a Tune Music Garden Mural Project.