As a central site for art and culture in the region, GO ART!, Seymour Place is home to
GO ART! as well as a cultural center for the Batavia Players, Genesee Symphony Orchestra, and Batavia Concert Band and a regular meeting place for the Batavia Society of Artists.
GO ART!, Seymour Place offers space for:
Meetings held by nonprofits, community groups & others
Rehearsals, auditions, lessons & workshops
Special Events, such as showers, weddings, fundraisers & community events
Contact us today for rental information by phone at (585)343-9313 or by email at email@example.com. You may wish to set up a tour, or just stop in between 9am & 4pm weekdays to browse our galleries and to look through the selections of books, CDs and more!
Our Facility Use Packet offers information on rates, preferred caterers (Sweet Ecstasy Bakery & Bistro - on site; D&R Depot, LeRoy; and Zambistro, Medina), layout of the building and agreement forms.
Built in 1831 by Hezekiah Eldredge for the Bank of Genesee, the three-story Federal-style brick mansion that is now the cultural community's new home is the only surviving example of a business establishment for that period. It became a private club in 1886 and continued as such until 2000 when the over 100-year-old club closed the building. In 2002, the former "Batavia Club" was generously gifted to the Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council (aka GO ART!), making the building open to the public for the first time since the 1800s. The Honorable Barber B. Conable, Jr., a resident of nearby Alexander, was instrumental in getting the building listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
GO ART! is proud to have undertaken a bold new project in the adaptive re-use of the former "Batavia Club" building. This new venue offers exhibit, performance, teaching, rehearsal and workshop space, while also providing community meeting space and offices & communication support for our cultural organizations & artists.